This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 97 Rhd Toyota Aristo

Hello everyone, finally got my 97 Toyota aristo over the weekend. once i start getting parts in i'll be dropping it off for body work, whole new paint job and some basic engine mods.

Not new to modding cars but this is my first car with a turbo motor.

Couple of my previous builds

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...arl-is250.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ld-thread.html

Also some pics of my aristo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9817.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	862.3 KB
ID:	331657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9819.JPG
Size:	623.0 KB
ID:	331658Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9821.JPG
Size:	815.9 KB
ID:	331659Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822.JPG
Size:	872.6 KB
ID:	331660Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9823.JPG
Size:	915.1 KB
ID:	331661

Welcome to ClubARISTO.net - The Toyota Aristo Owners Club!

Welcome to ClubARISTO.net - The Toyota Aristo Owners Club. Enjoy your stay here...
    clubaristo.net - The Toyota Aristo Owners Club - The original and best English spoken Toyota Aristo owners forum, Est 2006
    Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Comment

Re: My 97 Rhd Toyota Aristo

welcome to the club

Comment

How can you have a rhd car of that year in the US. How did you get around the 25 year import law.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club
          JZS147- Do Luck edition
          Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

my garage pics..
            http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Originally posted by AristoBot View Post
              Welcome to ClubARISTO.net - The Toyota Aristo Owners Club. Enjoy your stay here...
              Originally posted by kevinsgs300 View Post
              welcome to the club
              Originally posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
              How can you have a rhd car of that year in the US. How did you get around the 25 year import law.
              Its always away around the system but its not my concern lol i'm waiting on my title and registration and i guess once i have those in my hands i'll be good to go. The person i bought it from that's all he does are imports....

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
              Originally posted by ROCK ON View Post
              Thanks fellows !!!

Comment

Just curious is all. A friend has sent lots over the boarder and they end up sitting there uninsurable. Always a shame to ship something fun all the way into the states and it become a lawn ornament, or get insured until it gets pulled over and insurance finds out its a rhd.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
                  Just curious is all. A friend has sent lots over the boarder and they end up sitting there uninsurable. Always a shame to ship something fun all the way into the states and it become a lawn ornament, or get insured until it gets pulled over and insurance finds out its a rhd.
                  I haven't license or insured mine as yet since i just got it Friday but should be getting it done sometime this week, but are you saying insurance companies don't like insuring RHD cars here?

Comment

I don't see how it's possible to insure an imported car that isn't 25 years old in the usa. They have to sight the vin# and I'm sure they will notice it is rhd at that point. If you successfully get that car insured and driving on public roads you have found an amazing loop hole that many U.S. citizens would love to do. Even in Canada there is some issues insuring imported rhd vehicles that do comply with import laws. I've seen cars bought and remain uninsurable until they are old enough to be allowed to be registered in the country. From what I understand America is now just eligable for 1989-1990 cars to be imported and insured, let alone a late 90s one like you have. I'm curious how this will all turn out.

Comment

Working...
                    X