Handbrake in a jzs161

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbrake in a jzs161

Hi guys as some of you know I've converted my aristo to manual, I'm just trying to mount the handbrake which I got out of a soarer, I've got the front cable and 2 back cables, is there any way I can use the aristo cables because the soarer ones seem abit short, and any way I can do away with the linkage on the original footbrake or do I need to keep it? how have you guys done yours? Any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Handbrake in a jzs161

I used stock cables, take out the linkage under the car and connect the front cable directly.
    in the car where it used to go around the dash, it now turns round at the shifter, then forwards again under the arm rest and into the handbrake. works fine.

Comment

Thanks for that mc_bob, have it driving now, just doing the final touches 😃

Comment

Nice one man. We should have a manual aristo meet haha

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Any pictures of how you routed that cable? On my JZS147 I have a y-mechanism under the car where the cable connects and goes through the center console to the foot e-brake. Are you talking about reversing the cable and removing the y-mechanism below?

Comment

Remove the y piece so it doesn't change the ratio. I can't take a pic as car is at mappers

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=MC_Bob;395553]Nice one man. We should have a manual aristo meet haha

Haha yeah definatly, wonder how many manual ones are on the road in the uk

Comment

Working...
              X