Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird "pouring water" sound when stepping deeper on throttle (JZS161)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird "pouring water" sound when stepping deeper on throttle (JZS161)

Hi all,

I have noticed a weird "pouring water" like sound when I step the throttle deeper (about half-way to full) rather instantly. I mean, if I slowly step the throttle deeper, it will spool nicely, power comes up nicely and I won't notice the weird sound. I have tested several turbo-charged car before, I know turbo needs time to spool etc.. just that I have never heard this kind of "pouring water" sound before. I suspect maybe turbo leak or any other leak, but power wise the car is still very good. Any JZS161 owner (with stock twin-turbo, stock intake, stock exhaust.. etc) experience this kind of noise/sound before?

Sorry if this question had been asked before. I've searched "weird noise" in the forum, but the result isn't quite like what I have with my car.

I will try to record a clip if needed. Please advice

Re: Weird "pouring water" sound when stepping deeper on throttle (JZS161)

Dude, where is the sound? Does it sound like it's coming from the dash? If so, run the car to temp, let the fan kick in and top up your radiator. I had the same thing and it was water trickling through the heater system everytime I accelerated, once I topped it all up it stopped. Think it might just be bubbles in your system, if it is, it's free and easy to fix

Rich

Comment

I agree with Rich. Thats water passing through the heater core and the cooling system needs to be bleed out.

Comment

Hi Rich, sorry for not being specific.. but yes I heard the sound coming from the dash. I think I will extract the current radiator coolant, and fill it with a new one. Thanks guys!

Comment

Update:

So I went and replaced the coolant with the pink coolant from a local workshop here. They apparently did not carry the red one. The guy seems to be unsure as to how to bleed the air out, I had to tell him to rev the engine to about 2K with the radiator cap opened. That left out some bubble, but I still had the "water pouring" sound although the frequency is a bit less now.

I will try and bleed out the air again tomorrow morning. So, open both the radiator cap and the reserve cap, turn the engine, let it heat up, and rev to 2K for about 15 mins?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe you need to make sure you have your heater set to high as well to ensure the valve is open and coolant is flowing to/through your heater core.

The Pretty One - http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthr...t-New-quot-MK1!!!

Comment

Yeah blowers on full temp and power too

Comment

Hi RyanV, heater as in.. cabin heater?

Comment

Originally posted by jeg_elsker View Post
                  Hi RyanV, heater as in.. cabin heater?
                  Yes, cabin heater

The Pretty One - http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthr...t-New-quot-MK1!!!

Comment

Quick update..

I tried putting the air-con temp to max (32 celcius), and max the fan. Why does the air coming out still rather cold? It gets a little warm sometime, but back to about 24 c temp. The first time i'm turning on the heat function though (here the weather is summer most of the time).

So far it seems like still got a little air trapped inside. I will put the front-end of the car higher tomorrow, have the engine started with radiator cap and the reserve cap opened, then asked my wife to rev it at 2K, while I slowly top-up the coolant everytime it dips. Should be "safe" to do that, right?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

My advice to you is condem the heater all together. Take out the two hoses that goes into the fire wall and join them together. No need to worry about air in that section of the system, and no headache WHEN the heater develops a leak and soaks the interior of your car.

Comment

Sounds like you have a big air lock in the system, when you're bleeding it, leave the heater on full.

Originally posted by 1aristo View Post
                        My advice to you is condem the heater all together. Take out the two hoses that goes into the fire wall and join them together. No need to worry about air in that section of the system, and no headache WHEN the heater develops a leak and soaks the interior of your car.
                        Thats great, until its cold and you want your car nice and warm.
                        JZS147- Do Luck edition
                        Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Yea.. I kinda just figured out my car does not have a heater. At least when I turn the air-cond to max temp (32 C) and max fan, the air coming out is still rather cool. Though we don't use heater here (Indonesia, tropical.. hot and high humidity), do I need to worry about the car not having the heater function?

Also the 2 hoses that goes into the firewall.. I'll have a look at them from under the hood tomorrow.

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
                            Sounds like you have a big air lock in the system, when you're bleeding it, leave the heater on full.

Thats great, until its cold and you want your car nice and warm.
                            God dammit we have seat heaters for that!
                            Guess you missed the part where he said he never use the heater....Same with me tropical all day,everyday!

Comment

If you can get your hands on one use a vacuum bleeder. It creates a vacuum in your cooling system and then literally sucks the water in. Did a coolant change in 15 mins and no air locks. Hth.

Comment

Working...
                              X