Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Style Aristo

BACKGROUND
    In 1998, the second generation Aristo was launched in Japan, codenamed JZS160 for models with the 2JZ-GE engines and JZS161 for those with the 2JZ-GTE twin-turbo engines. VVT-i was now standard, resulting in a bump in torque. The twin-turbo version was available with electronic four-wheel steering, VDC and an automatic gearbox with a manual sequential mode. No four-wheel drive models were offered. The new model's styling was produced in-house, and featured quadruple headlights in a fashion similar to the Lexus SC coupe. Inside, electroluminiscent Lexus Optitron gauges were offered for the first time, along with an upgraded stereo system.

The GS began production in the JZS161 body style on August 4, 1997 and was officially launched in 1998. Answering customer requests for more power, the American market GS 400 was equipped with a UZ-series V8 that produced 300 hp (224 kW) and 310 ftlbf (420 Nm) of torque. Edmunds.com reported a 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds for the 3693-pound sedan. The GS 300 was also offered once again and featured a slightly revised version of the last generation's 3.0 L inline-6 now producing 228 hp (168 kW) and 225 ftlbf(305 Nm) of torque. The GS 300 was quoted with a 7.6 second 0-60 time by Edmonds. Both models featured a 5-speed automatic with the GS 400 receiving steering wheel shift buttons. Again, no turbo models were offered outside Japan. The 0-60 time of the GS 400 prompted Lexus to claim that the GS was the world's fastest production sedan.

Lexus promoted the arrival of the second generation GS sedan with the tagline, "Something Wicked This Way Comes." Compared to its predecessor, the second generation GS sedan was a much bigger success, with sales reaching 30,622 vehicles in its first year, increasing in the second, and stabilizing at 28,079 vehicles by 2000.[2] The U.S. base price for the GS 300 and GS 430 averaged approximately $38,000 and $47,000 respectively. The success of the GS sedan prompted Lexus to keep the vehicle in its lineup for over eight years.

The 2001 model cycle was the only year with any major changes in the second generation GS. New clear tail lights with turn signal indicators were added to the trunk area, as well as a slightly revised grill and very subtly tinted headlights on the front end. Xenon high-intensity discharge headlights were now standard on the V8 and optional on the I6. Inside, more wood trim was added, and steering wheel shift buttons were now also featured on the GS 300. In 2001, the V8 engine received a 0.3 liter bump in displacement and the model was renamed GS 430. Peak horsepower was unchanged, but torque increased to 325 ftlbf (441 Nm).

The GS was Motor Trend's Import Car of the Year for 1998. It also made Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 1998 through 2000.

This ride is especially porpular among the VIP enthusiast! The Lexus GS300/400 is the epitomy of style and class. The Aristo body kit enhances the already sleek and classy body lines of the car.

EXAMPLES

Taken from http://www.dzeusvip.com/Forums/viewt...ighlight=.html
    JZS147: HKS T51R 6 speed manual Single Turbo Toyota Aristo in black
    JZS161: BPU TT Toyota Aristo in white

MyProtein Discount Code :
    MP453277

Re: VIP Style Aristo

Whoever picked those examples as "VIP" cars should be shot!! lol

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
    Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

The one rocking LM's is a nice example, and I love the first interor esp the ceiling lights and door panels

Comment

not shore about the orange,but i do like the look of the last one.

Comment

lamborghini doors??? that is so retarded. i dont mind the interior but the amount of money spent could have been put in better places.

jus sayin.

and way too much chrome for me on the white one

Comment

Working...
          X