Stealth Single

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth Single

Right it's about time I started this as I keep doing stuff to the car & with my memory I'll soon forget what I've done
    Basic concept for the car is keeping the outside looking like a nicely modded GS300 although I keep looking at Lextasy badges in which case I'll remove all badging except the Lectasy X's with possibly a set of 2JZ-GTE badges on the wheel centres
    I want to know the car is special without having to worry about it getting jacked any time I stop (It's happened to a mate of mine with his modded type R Civic)
    The number plate, I hate the one that's on it now & I can't put my Alfa's plate on as it's too new, so I have something special in mind for that but that will be a suprise as once people know the plate is for sale I may well lose it especially as it's so cheap
    Engine wise I want to aim for 450 to 500 bhp but keeping it drivable with the autobox as I think it suits the character of the car.
    Interior I've got to admit I love my gadgets but I want it to look like everything belongs there & I haven't just driven therough Halfords & grabbed everything in sight no satnav boxes stuck to the windscreen etc no dials sprouting out of the dash board I want it look as though it could have come from Toyota how I've got it.
    Right that'll do for the intro I suppose fire away on the comments & I'll get started on posting up what's been done so far
    Last edited by Stephendjb; 16-06-09, 02:43 PM.

Re: Project stealth

Yeh my one came with a Lexus badge when my mate bought it back in 2007. I get comments like it's not a real Lexus. What should I say back to them or should I change it to Toyota Aristo badge? I like it though with the Lexus badges.

I like the idea of your stealth project. I have a private plate, it is ageless so that is good.

Good idea not to go for the TomTom One Sat Nav box's that sit on top of the dash with the suction cups on the windscreen, get it all OEM style! Go for a widescreen Panasonic DVD with SatNav, rear camera, TV with freeview, and CD changer in the boot.

Comment

Ok mods I've done so far I've swapped out the seats for leather from a GS
      twice I wasn't happy with the colour first time & I may change again for the darker grey if a set comes up at the right price

The front seats now have led strip lights under them which will be linked into the floor lighting at the front & all the lights on the doors & the floor lighters have been swapped for LEDs
      Last edited by Stephendjb; 16-06-09, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harry_aristo_tt View Post
        Yeh my one came with a Lexus badge when my mate bought it back in 2007. I get comments like it's not a real Lexus. What should I say back to them or should I change it to Toyota Aristo badge? I like it though with the Lexus badges.
        Tell them it was bought for the engine not the badge & when a Lexus can go like an Aristo you'd consider buying one bear in mind a BPU Aristo out guns a brand new ISF
        Last edited by Stephendjb; 25-03-10, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I love the leather Stephendjb. Thanks for the advice as well mate on the badges. It is kinda a Stealth fighter, as people think it's a regular Lexus. But eh no, it is a fighter jet, well an Aristo, same thing. You will know what I mean if you have driven one.

Might get the leather done on mine when I take delivery of my mate's Aristo (that I have been looking after as well so know what it's like already).

I am the sort of person that would drive all the way there, just so you could get the light strip done to my seats! I know mad!

Cheers
          Last edited by harry_aristo_tt; 16-06-09, 03:26 PM. Reason: Too excited, to much time, at work, waiting for the Aristo on Sat!

Comment

Originally posted by harry_aristo_tt View Post
            I love the leather Stephendjb. Thanks for the advice as well mate on the badges. It is kinda a Stealth fighter, as people think it's a regular Lexus. But eh no, it is a fighter jet, well an Aristo, same thing. You will know what I mean if you have driven one.

Might get the leather done on mine when I take delivery of my mate's Aristo (that I have been looking after as well so know what it's like already).

I am the sort of person that would drive all the way there, just so you could get the light strip done to my seats! I know mad!

Cheers
            My badges are there so I get underestimated also when I leave Imprezzas & RX8's trailing & they stop offset behind me at the next set of lights so they can read the badges it makes me laugh. "No clues there mate"
            Besides if people want to complain about mis representing badges look at all the M3 badges on the back of 318's & I've just walked past a Punto with Evo 3 badges on it

I'm just doing it the other way round making the car appear slower than it is
            Last edited by Stephendjb; 16-06-09, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Anyway Stereo was next pretty much so here it is

Full DVD playback facilities built in SATNAV Sd card play back ipod control etc etc
              I need to put a decent aerial on the car & workout how to flush in my DAB receiver I haven't decided where it's going yet it was stuck to the windscreen on the Alfa & I never liked it so it's one to think about
              The switch next to it is for a rear view camera in the rear garnish

I'll do a bit of a write up on that at some point it's exactly the same size as the surround for the key on the other side so balances it nicely I'll be moving the switch at some point but I want to be able to select it not just have it come on when reverse is selected

Comment

I'm going to make a surround for the stereo & have probably 3 gauges where the ashtray is with 2 cig lighter outlets in between
                Then swap out the the switch on the passenger door once I've worked out how to make a rear door switch & ashtray fit (The wife smokes)

Comment

Moving up from there & on to things that haven't yet been done I have all the LED's to recolour the dash & climate control all in blue the centre vents will be removed to make way for 3 more dials the clock will be removed to make way for my Origin B2

& the centre speaker will be making room for yet more dials all dials to be lit blue & smoked when not in use & hopefully the vent ones will be hidden behind smoked perspex completely when not in use

Comment

I've just walked past a Punto with Evo 3 badges on it
                    LMAO what the hell??

Looking good so far, I like your plans for keeping it stealthy, always the best way, especially with the fuzz too
                    You can be whooping a scooby but you can almost guarantee if there was a copper, he would pull the scoob lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chri5 View Post
                      LMAO what the hell??

Looking good so far, I like your plans for keeping it stealthy, always the best way, especially with the fuzz too
                      You can be whooping a scooby but you can almost guarantee if there was a copper, he would pull the scoob lol
                      I know of a guy that went from an Imprezza to a Legacy because he was sick of being pulled in it drove it no slower and never got pulled in it once kits wings and certain cars beg to be pulled

Comment

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing the progress. I like the idea of the tinted Perspex over the centre vent gagues, that would look very cool I reckon.
                        JZS147: HKS T51R 6 speed manual Single Turbo Toyota Aristo in black
                        JZS161: BPU TT Toyota Aristo in white

MyProtein Discount Code :
                        MP453277

Comment

Right as it's dead in here at the moment I'll give this a bit of an update
                          Exhaust has been uprated to a Fujitsubo 3" straight through system my original plan was to go for electronic cut outs so it was only loud when I wanted more power but I have been more than pleasantly suprised with this it is louder than the standard system but unless your caning it it's still quieter than most other cars.

The downpipe is PJ's gutted first cat so a restrictor ring isn't needed and the second pipe has neen replaced with a 2.5" straight through pipe this set up hasn't resulted in any boost spikes so quite pleased with it and more than happy to recommend it to anyone else.
                          I have basically unintentionally ended up with a BPU car far earlier than I intended as once the exhaust was sorted it seamed a waste not to buy the cheap bits as a temporary measure to make use of it so I raided the garage for the induction kit off my old M5 the cone filter is probably costing me a bit of power as I think it's far too small but it's only temporary. It'll be replaced with a blitz panel filter hopefully before Suprapod (Turbos permitting more on that later)
                          A cheap manual boost controller has been fitted (also temporary hopefully I'll have a full ellectronic system in before JAE) currently set at 1 bar & a split second Fuel cut defender has also found it's way under the bonnet.
                          Whilst on the subject of under the bonnet I've pulled the TRAC fuse & put a wire going into the cabin to my mystery switch

which is now connected to that instead flick the switch and the car is delimited but I still have traction control whenever I need it (provided I haven't cleared 112mph it needs resetting once you've done that as the car thinks it is faulty then)
                          Also wired/plumbed in is Race R digital boost gauge

which is in PJ's old ashtray pod at the moment
                          I'll be using the larger one that'll surround my stereo as well once Ive made some changes to it.
                          I'm hoping to take the boost gauge apart and relocate the actual display on to the dash cluster on the right hand side above & between the rev counter & temperature gauge. That'll be once I'm back off holiday & can afford to get something decent if I kill it in the attempt

Comment

Your aristo came with leather though didn't it? I don't know if I like the light seats against the darker door's..

Comment

Originally posted by Kardon View Post
                              Your aristo came with leather though didn't it? I don't know if I like the light seats against the darker door's..
                              Nope came with blue velour I'm keeping an eye out for a darker leather interior but for now this looks better than the velour

Comment

Working...
                              X