Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: From Russia with love....

I like a man who knows his own mind

Later Supras have the VVTI and the drive by wire throttle, it has been made to work with a minor modification using a throttle assembly from another car, I think it was a Corvette engine. Sure if you spoke to Ryan, the Syvecs guru he could map anything. In fact he would probably piggy back it with the stock ECU
    JZS147- Do Luck edition
    Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
      I like a man who knows his own mind

Later Supras have the VVTI and the drive by wire throttle, it has been made to work with a minor modification using a throttle assembly from another car, I think it was a Corvette engine. Sure if you spoke to Ryan, the Syvecs guru he could map anything. In fact he would probably piggy back it with the stock ECU
      I know about Supra's, they sold with fly by wire from 1998 or so. People run those cars even with Apexi PFC from Chaser JZX100, but they install mechanical throttle (from jzx90) and iddle control, loose VSC, cannot shift gears in manual (don't know if there is such option on Supra, but old JZX gearbox has 4 solenoids anyway) because they install simple auto from JZX100. Then it works, but you have a Christmas tree on the dashboard, like I had .

I wish I could see a fully working Aristo on Syvecs.
      Last edited by Yaro; 23-10-14, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Go and get your selfe a piggyback system from aem ( aemFI/C 6) this is a propperly working device. i had it also on my car and made 500 hp on it with the auto gearbox.

Now ive swapped my auto box for a build r154 5spd with AEM Infinity standalone ( This device is also supporting the drive by wire) and maby it can also support your auto gearbox.

Conntact Dane from callawaymotorsport.com he can tell you allot about the aem infinity. And we also got the worlds first patch harnnes (for my own car)from oem ecu to infinity ecu for the toyota aristo jzs161

Comment

Using Greddy E-manage Ultimate at the moment, I have no problems with it. Does what it should do. Auto working fine, fuel and timing adjusted.

About Infinity, well when I will see Aristos with Auto running with it and there will be decent feedback, then I will buy it. I had enough bad experience being the 1-st person with Vems and bad expirience with PFC on Aristo.

Comment

Emanage ultimate is a true piggy back ECU, it has no facility to control the auto box. I ran one on a Soarer years ago.
            So my point still stands, no ECU can control the gearbox as well as the stock unit, so any ECU, even Syvecs, will be piggy backed.
            JZS147- Do Luck edition
            Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
              So my point still stands, no ECU can control the gearbox as well as the stock unit, so any ECU, even Syvecs, will be piggy backed.
              Thats my point as well. No matter what I did on Vems, I couldn't make it shift as well as on stock ECU. Simple boxes (from chaser, old supra) work no problem, but not Aristo gearbox.

Comment

There's a post on the syvecs forums regarding the ecu controlling the box.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Finaly big change happend to my car. I installed single turbo. Main idea was to make an inexpensive setup, so BW EFR series and Garrett GTX were out of consideration. And I choose Holset HE351W turbo. It is a similar turbo to Holset HX35, but mine had an internal waste gate. Turbo size is compressor 57/84 turbine 69/59

Turbo

Manifold made in China, but from 3mm steel, reasonable quality for and affordable price. I had to change flange from T4 twin to T3 twin.

New adapter flange

After machining it fitted perfectly.This is the picture of internal gate, or at least what is left of it.

We had to make an adapter flange for V-band downpipe

Made a custom downpipe. Gate is 38-mm tial original.

And this is the final look of it

​​​​​​​

Comment

For fuel supply I used Aeromotive 340 l/p fuel pump.

Chinese made fuel rail, cost 30 dollars but does the job.

Nissan GTR R35 fuel injectors.

Comment

Looks good. HX40 Super is popular here with 2JZs, this should spool up a bit faster I guess?

​​

Comment

Originally posted by LordReaper View Post
                        Looks good. HX40 Super is popular here with 2JZs, this should spool up a bit faster I guess?

​​
                        It does spool very well in 2-3-4 gears. In 3rd at 3000 revs turbo pushes 1+bar. But usual problem in 1-st gear, 1 bar at 4000.

Comment

Working...
                        X