Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

I got a bit inspired by all the builds on here and Club Lexus, so figured I'd share what I'm doing as well

I had an S14a (Kouki) up until a month ago after building it for the past 1.5 years... Started from a bone-stock daily to a pretty well-sorted daily/track weapon. Anyway, I got marred a while back and at the suggestion (read: constant complaining/nagging) of my wife, I sold it and picked up this GS430 for a nice price. It was owned by another American cat (I'm American as well) who lived outside of London working on Porsche's and was in excellent condition. So after driving to pick it up after Christmas I've been enjoying it ever since

Anyway, here is the car as it was a few days before picking it up. For reference, it's a 2001 GS430 Sport Edition

Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Well... after owning it for a few days I figured "Why leave well-enough alone?" and started ordering parts. After contemplating and figuring how I wanted the car to look when finished, I started on the small bits being lights and interior. So after a few messages back-and-forth to Fizz Autosports and JZSInternational, I ended up purchasing the following:

(Almost cliche') Junction Produce Fusa
    Junction Produce front table (which is being built, so I'm waiting)
    K-Break neck pads
    K-Break K-Loop ZERO... which was out-of-stock, so I'm still awaiting delivery
    Car-Tune cup holders
    ...and after looking around, figured I'd get a set of puddle lights

As for the [other] lights, I went with:

Garax 6k bulbs
    LED DRLs
    PIAA rear turn signal bulbs
    Full LED interior lights
    Smoked LED rear inner/tails
    ...and I also picked up a JDM Aristo chrome trunk bar

Comment

Looks like some good stuff there. Can't wait to see pics after you've put it all in/on the car

The Pretty One - http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthr...t-New-quot-MK1!!!

Comment

Along with my S14, I wanted the Lex to be a street sweeper. So, I figured it'd be good to start messing with the suspension as well. First up were Figs 17mm RCA's which will be needed for the LS400 brake setup I'll be going with.

...and being a static type of guy, I went with coilovers instead of air.

Fortune Auto Custom-built coilovers
        - 16k/12k SWIFT 6" springs
        - Roller bearing upgrade
        - Adjustment extenders for the rears

Comment

Originally posted by RyanV View Post
          Looks like some good stuff there. Can't wait to see pics after you've put it all in/on the car
          I really appreciate it man!! Yeah, I can't wait myself but this weather is killing my motivation!! haha

Comment

Oh yeah, in preparation for the LS400 conversion, I went ahead and had Goodridge build me some stainless lines (well, they're usually built to order from what I understand, but it sounds nice to say they were built for me )

I also wanted to let the engine breathe a bit better, so I went with a K&N filter (I'll also be modifying the stock airbox) and a Borla axle-back exhaust; I also ordered new gaskets and hangers from Vibrant and Driftworks, respectively.

I also wanted the engine bay to be a bit nicer, so I ordered TRD oil/radiator caps, and 147 strut bar, which I'll be polishing/powdercoating (forgot to take pictures, but I'm sure everyone knows what they look like)

Comment

Why the need for extenders @ rear?

Comment

Looks a great example

Comment

Nice shopping list man
                  JZS147- Do Luck edition
                  Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Nice lot of parts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Juzzo View Post
                      Why the need for extenders @ rear?
                      They allow me to adjust the dampening of the coilovers without having to lift up the carpet.

Comment

Well, had to cut my posting short earlier due to having to pickup the wife from work....

Anyway, with inspiration from a cat over at Club Lexus, I've been working on a foglight conversion using HIDs (the originator used normal H3 bulbs). After ordering 2 sets [of 4] HIDs, I found one that will fit with minimal modifying. Anyway, here they are with the Morimoto bulbs:

Finally (for tonight), I'm also gathering equipment to upgrade the stock sound system. I'll be putting a 12" subwoofer in the trunk and 6.5" components/coaxials in the front/rear doors, in addition to the amps and head unit that will also be put in around the same time (which I haven't purchased yet).

I've also received my front wheels (Varrstoen 1.1.2, 19x9.5 et12) however my rears haven't arrived yet. I'll post pictures of the fronts sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Good start to the project!

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
                          Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

looking on with interest.

Comment

very good start to a project, i'm liking that, i can't wait for progress!
                              LED Magic Interior LED kits "JZS147 LED Guru"

Interior LED kits and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X