Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

I appreciate it Beario. Unfortunately, I didn't plan on selling the old wheels and suspension as they'll be used during the winter. Not sure what else you might be interested in but let me know and I'll contact you if I do plan on getting rid of them.

Comment

It's definitely been a loooong week, and not the best one either... so I'll start with the bad then move up from there.

Thursday morning I'm heading to the gym when my car gets sideswiped by some guy going the opposite way who was partially in my lane. The "good" part is that he only took out my mirror, the bad was that after I pulled over and saw him slowing down, he just sped off a few seconds later. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get his plate number or anything other than the bits of his mirror that collided with mine I've been keeping a lookout for him every time I drive down that road but nothing yet. Basically, just had to suck it up and buy one with my own money as it ended up being cheaper than going through my insurance.

Pics of the damage... I guess I should be thankful I already have the car scheduled for the body shop :\

Anywho, I had a free day today and went ahead and finished installed the rear coilovers and mounted the wheels while I was at it. I didn't get any full body pics yet, but I'll have some tomorrow. I didn't like the rear height at first, but after it settled a bit I was pleased with it. The Fortune's don't go very low honestly (I was hoping to get another .5-1" front/rear), but they ride smooth as butter even with the stretched 30-series tires in the rear, so I'm satisfied.

The GS settled a bit more after these pictures (they were taken right after the wheels were mounted), but hopefully it'll go a bit lower after I've driven it around a bit Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

Comment

Those tyres make me weep and fill me with rage.
        JZS147- Do Luck edition
        Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
          Lol...you're going to hate what I'll have on my wheels when they go on...! I'll still be running a 275 (on my 12's) and want to keep the same width on the new 13" ones

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
          Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

Lucky with the damage only being the mirror & not a full side swipe..
            my garage pics..
            http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
              Front, rear, or both?

But to ease your rage, I have a pair of 275/30s just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Lam View Post
                Lol...you're going to hate what I'll have on my wheels when they go on...! I'll still be running a 275 (on my 12's) and want to keep the same width on the new 13" ones
                Niiiiice!! Can't wait to see the new setup. I looked over your build and am still considering going the widebody route... If the wife approves, of course Sooo ill!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCK ON View Post
                  Lucky with the damage only being the mirror & not a full side swipe..
                  Yeah, I agree with you on that 100%. Still a bit pissed but no point in dwelling on it, you know? He'll get his eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by North View Post
                    Niiiiice!! Can't wait to see the new setup. I looked over your build and am still considering going the widebody route... If the wife approves, of course Sooo ill!
                    Thanks mate, you should definitely think about it! It means you can run a wider wheel, which means a wider contact patch, which means that the car has more grip which means it is safer. Perfect justification to the wife

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
                    Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

Just came back from a weekend in Germany (went to a Nas concert in Heidelberg) and figured I'd provide a few updates since it's been a good while without anything...

Weeeeeell... after having my wheels/tires/suspension in for a while I didn't like how disproportional the rears looked compared to the front (quite a bit more stretched, and looked "smaller"). So I ended up going and having the 255/30s replaced with my spare 275/30's. Must say, looks soooo much better (and the tires filling up the arches looked much better as well). Later on that week (this was around the same time my mirror got sideswiped) I also went and lowered the rears some more. Didn't need to shave anything else from the arches, but I may end up going with a 5mm spacer to push them out more. Anyway, here's how the car currently sits.

Comment

Almost forgot, a new rear tire pick just for Swampy

Comment

To continue... I also finally got motivated to install my LED taillights, Aristo chrome trunk bar and window visors. While I had the trunk bar off, I swapped the number plate bulbs with LEDs as one side was out.

Window visors

New vs old number plate bulbs

Old taillight

New taillight w/ chrome trunk bar

All done

My new midpipe was supposed to have arrived but ended up being held before departing the States so as soon as that arrives, I'll finally get to install it and the Borla axle-back and get rid of rusted-to-hell stock mufflers.

Comment

*Sighs and shakes head* Not going to get on a rant here, but suffice to say thats unsafe and I hope you dont damage your rims too much when the tyre comes off. Good day to you

JZS147- Do Luck edition
                            Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

be careful...youll unleash a monster !!! stretch tyres are dangerous though....little stretch is ok.... too much doesnt just endanger you, but other road users too. hit a pot hole at 70mph and that bead unseats then all of a sudden you have a 2 ton wrecking ball rolling down the road that you gotta try and stop safely.

Comment

Well...not to say either of you are wrong or what have you, but I've been running stretched tires on the majority (READ: All) of my cars since 2005 and have yet to have a tire come off. No need to rant Swampy as I was just poking a bit of fun back at you, but this is just something that we're not going to see eye-to-eye on. Buuuut, to each they're own

Comment

Working...
                                X