Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

seen that in the uk too. ones that go in the DBW wiring so it makes response quicker but also gives you fully open throttle while pedal is maybe 3/4 down making it seem like the car is pulling harder

Comment

Yep, same same. I know the a lot of guys on Club Lexus with the GS/SC430s love them, but I'm not sure just yet... I still have a bit of reading up to do before I make a final decision. Knowing me though, I'll probably buy one anyway

Comment

Well... some good news, and even more good news

Found a shop that specializes in VWs (go figure lol) and they were able to fit the rear that was giving all of the other shops problems. But, by looking at some of the cars the guys drove I wasn't really surprised. Thumbs up to the VAG guys... if anyone is in Suffolk around Bury St Edmunds and needs tires stretched, give the guys at Balls'd a ring and they'll hook it up.

In other news, my window visors FINALLY showed up. For reference, these were the FIRST things I ordered for the car on Dec 29th and just now arriving... oh well, patience is a virtue.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to get the front fenders worked and if time allows, I'll be doing the rears myself either tomorrow night or sometime Sunday.

Comment

good luck luck with the fenders.its coming on well.

Comment

Unfortunately... the fenders dimpled during the process

So I just went ahead and scheduled a day to drop the car off and have him smooth them out and widen the fenders properly along with getting the hood and front bumper repainted. I'll be having windshield wipers shaved along with it. Won't be until the beginning of April, so have to deal with the waves until then.

Comment

Had some free time yesterday so I started installing my coilovers. Unfortunately, I was only able to get the fronts installed before I ran out of time so I'll finish up with the rear coilover install and fender shave on Saturday, then go and get it aligned next Saturday. Fortunately, with the lowering of the coilovers and the pull of the fenders from Saturday, the fronts will sit nicely with about another .5-1 inch of lowering and/or another degree or so of negative camber.

...and here's how he sits with the current rims. Forgot to take pictures with the new wheels, but I'll try and snap some when I finish the install.

I was also able to go by the post office today and guess what was waiting for me

Comment

Love the JP table. People don't realise how useful these are you know...!

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
                Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

Originally posted by Lam View Post
                  Suppose you have a crystal decanter set to keep your diamonds in..
                  my garage pics..
                  http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

hi north...i was going to buy that car...lol you must have pipped me to the post...can you pm me your e mail address as have a few questions about what your doing to your gs430...as i cant send messages,regards nige...

Comment

Just ask them on here?
                      JZS147- Do Luck edition
                      Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Beario.
                        as i mentioned in your konichiwa post stay active on here & get involved were a friendly bunch the more posts you tot up you can start pm ing members.but ask away on here im sure north wont mind answering q's about his car.
                        my garage pics..
                        http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Originally posted by Lam View Post
                          Surely a nice sideboard from ikea or a b&q pine shelving kit would look just as good and be just as functional in a mk2 :P

Comment

Yeah, you can ask here as I don't mind answering questions concerning the car. Honestly, nothing I'm doing is anything that hasn't been done before. Just like the title, I'm just trying to keep it really simple...

Comment

Originally posted by kwalker705 View Post
                              Surely a nice sideboard from ikea or a b&q pine shelving kit would look just as good and be just as functional in a mk2 :P
                              ...and probably cheaper too lol

Comment

those rims are fantastic...may i also ask north...are you selling any of the old parts of the car,wheels suspension etc as i am going to be doing my 430 up as and when i can...keep up the good work though very inspirational...

Comment

Working...
                                X