Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Hi man, hope things are good

Re brakes, people always look for an alternative but the Supra set up is the best 'bang for buck' I know of this side of Brembo Monoblocks, great brakes.
    JZS147- Do Luck edition
    Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

You'll love the sound of that exhaust system dude 👍

Nice to see some updates 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
        Hi man, hope things are good

Re brakes, people always look for an alternative but the Supra set up is the best 'bang for buck' I know of this side of Brembo Monoblocks, great brakes.
        What's up Swampy bro? Everything's going pretty well over here. How about you?

Yeah, I'm a true believer of the Supra brakes lol. I love this setup more and more everyday. Only bad part is, the rear calipers weren't painted (or whatever process is applied to the Supra calipers I received) so they're starting to turn a rust/brake dust color... I'll probably just paint them black when I find sometime to put the car on stands.

Originally posted by RichS11 View Post
        You'll love the sound of that exhaust system dude 

Nice to see some updates 
        Really appreciate that Rich bro. Unfortunately (like everything else) it'll be a bit before I get it put on. I'm contemplating going with the Megan SC430 test pipes but not sure yet... everythnig I've read on it says that it kills the low end torque and is only really good for sound, but since I'm over here in Germany and the car basically lives above 80 90% of the time, I'm 50/50 with it. What do you think?

I'm starting to think the thread title should be changed to "The parts bin 430" because I'm spending more time buying and collecting parts than actually putting them on the car... Anyway, more parts showed up today LOL.

A closer look at my super-cool CDM shoulder pads... anyone see a recurring theme?

...as well as my rear seat table...

Unfortunately, the AirLift has been SERIOUSLY slacking on shipping out my kit so I'm giving them until next week before I cancel my order and send the money to Accuair... so we'll see. (Fpr reference, it's been over 3 weeks since I placed my order).

Last thing: both of my sets of wheels may be up for sale in a week or two if someone's interested. The Varrstoens are: ES1.1/1.2 19x9.5 et12/20x11 et35 (I'm running a 5mm spacer in rear I can provide as well) with 225/35/19 and 275/30/20 tires. Condition is used (obviously) and not the best condition (6-7/10) due to a few curb marks and chips on the faces. The ForgeStar are: F14s (Deep concave front-clears bbk, Super Deep concave rear) 19x10 et20/20x11 et20. No tires and condition is brand new (10/10). Only 2 have been taken out for pictures. Come with the ForgeStar center caps but I can provide the Lexus ones I spec'd for them as well. Just a heads up.

- - - Updated - - -

...oh yeah, and my second headrest monitor came in since the material/grain matched my Clazzio seat covers

Comment

Its all fantastic mate, all fantastic Brakes tend to be powder coated, but Ive painted them in high temp paint before and had no issues.

Im not an air man by any means, but I know a few people who use Accuair and they are 100% satisfied with the product/service.
          JZS147- Do Luck edition
          Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
            Its all fantastic mate, all fantastic Brakes tend to be powder coated, but Ive painted them in high temp paint before and had no issues.

Im not an air man by any means, but I know a few people who use Accuair and they are 100% satisfied with the product/service.
            Really appreciate that Swampy bro!!

Yeah, I'd have liked to have the rears powdercoated but I haven't been able to find too many places locally that could do it. The best ones I've heard of so far are either in Luxembourg or Belgium, so I'll probably just use high temp paint similar to when the previous set was red.

....and a quick update. After speaking with the company I ordered my Air Lift kit from, I was informed that the front air struts wouldn't be ready for another few weeks (give or take). I was pretty pissed off by this, but what can you do, right? Anyway, I saw a post on my FB feed about Air Lift coming out with a new setup (V3 or whatever it'll be named) that will be both height- and pressure-based. Sooooo, after going over my options with the sales rep and the wifey, we worked out a deal to use my current payment as a deposit for when the new system is released. Sucks, but I'm "deployed" (the " means a cake TDY for you military folks) about an hour away from the house and wouldn't be able to install it until around October anyway so there's time to waste. Hopefully it'll live up to my expectations.

Comment

Ooh tempted by wheels

Comment

Originally posted by madfish View Post
                Ooh tempted by wheels
                Which set? I'll give you a good price

Comment

I really loved the Varrstoens on your car!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by afwjan View Post
                    I really loved the Varrstoens on your car!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
                    I really appreciate that afwjan Definitely loved the wheels as well and kept a really clean, understated look to the GS. But, they're on their way to a new home so you should be seeing them pop-up fairly soon

In other news, another item showed up today and damn, I must say these were the most difficult little assholes to find!!

Unfortunately, since I was able to get these I'm going to have to revert my arches back to how they were previously with the blinkers. I'm most likely going to purchase stock ones and just have them rolled along with camber-fitting the wheels.

Comment

haha i was collecting parts for the longest before I started on mine too….looks good tho.

I was also thinking about getting those mirrors but got something else instead…..

Comment

You get hold of some pretty choice part's North, liking you're style bro

Those Ganador's are looking smart, are they on GS plates ready to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by juvi22003 View Post
                          haha i was collecting parts for the longest before I started on mine too….looks good tho.

I was also thinking about getting those mirrors but got something else instead…..
                          I feel you there bro. I don't think I'll actually start putting the car together until Winter/Spring time... I'm waiting on Stereo Integrity to finish up the BM MkV before I can purchase the amp, and I have until October before AirLift releases the Autopilot v3 after which I can drop it off for bodywork; everything's waiting on something else pretty much.

Oh yeah, I saw on CL you're selling the Apex'I, did you end up finding an ARC airbox? Love to see what you have in store and what you purchased instead of the Ganadors

Comment

Originally posted by DaveEdge View Post
                            You get hold of some pretty choice part's North, liking you're style bro

Those Ganador's are looking smart, are they on GS plates ready to fit?
                            I really appreciate that bro I kept jumping back and forth every time a set came up for sale so I lost out on a few before actually coming across these lol. Hopefully, they look as good as I'm envisioning they do. Yeah, they're made for the Aristo/2GS so no plates or brackets necessary, just wiring for the mirror switch which doesn't look too complicated.

Comment

Just as a heads up to anyone who's been following this build and seen a part that I've collected that you'd love for your car: Check out the SIMPLISTIC GS430 PART OUT" in the CLASSIFIEDS

Comment

Working...
                              X