Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Originally posted by kwalker705 View Post
    North, where did you get that brake lines from ?? I've tried goodridge's main dealer and they keep saying those lines don't exist for the JZS16*
    I ordered the lines from FRSport in the States. They cost about $125USD shipped, but had to wait about 2 weeks for them to be built.

Comment

Front and rear brake rotors and pads arrived today

Comment

Must say that it's been a pretty good week in regards to packages arriving...

Today, my tires arrived (were sent out Monday from the States) so will be going on Monday to get them mounted. Also, I was able to find someone who's not too far away that's able to work on my front arches. So that will be taken care of next Saturday. I'll be going in the morning to install my front lower ball joints and steering rack bushings (maybe some other stuff as well), so I guess it's about time I start putting it all together.

Anyway, pictures of my tires:

Lastly, received notification from Fizz Autosport that my last Junction Produce and K-Break pieces were shipped, so will hopefully receive them sometime late next week or the following one.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that Sumitomo made tyres?!?!?!?! They are one big Japanese company!

Chris

Comment

Yeah... I ran these same tires on my S14 and fell in love. Cheap, excellent dry/wet traction, not too loud and stretch pretty nice as well

So... I finally got off my ass and started installing parts. First up were the lower ball joints, FIGS RCAs, Headlight/DRL/Parking bulb replacements, K&N air filter, TYC cabin filter and JZS147 upper strut brace. I had planned on doing the steering rack bushings as well, but after installing the ball joints I was pretty exhausted

Comment

Ooops... forgot pictures

Here are the old/new ball joints for comparison

New ball joint with FIGS RCA

Old and new cabin filters. The old one wasn't in as bad of shape as I was expecting, but it was in need of changing... not to mention it had a few leaves/etc.

Now the strut brace: I wanted to keep the engine cover (looks cleaner overall, not to mention it IS cleaner seeing as how my engine bay needs cleaning LOL), but due to the height of the cover vs the actual height of just the engine, I had to cut it down the middle. I've seen a guy on Club Lexus cut his cover in half, which exposed the rear part of the intake manilfold/valve cover/whatever, but I thought that just cutting a portion out would make it look better.... so I did just that. For anyone wanting to do this, measure measure measure!!! LOL I have 2 front braces (JZS147 and an after market), so I measure both and cut it to allow me to swap them back-and-forth for whenever I get them powdercoated/polished. Anyway, here is the result:

I also ran into a bit of an issue with the GARAX headlight bulbs... After swapping them, the bulbs would work then go out after about 1-2 minutes of operation. When I turned the lights off then back on, they would work... then die again. I swapped the stock HID bulbs back in and they operated as normal without issue. Not sure what the problem is, maybe just defective bulbs... however, I contacted the company who I purchased them from and will try to either get a refund or have replacements sent.

Comment

Looking good bud!....I need some of that 4.3 V8 in my life!!!
                “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live, Destroy your reputation, Be notorious.”.......Rumi

Comment

I appreciate it!! I love the V8... but the drive by wire leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. Oh well lol

Comment

Sooo... I've had an interesting past few days, to say the least.

On Monday, I dropped the wheels/tires off to be mounted. After work, I went by the shop to pick them up expecting them to be finished... well, only the fronts were and they were starting on the rears. No problem, right? No. After being explained to that it took 2 guys 20 minutes to get the rear tire mounted on the wheel (only 1), I watch the guy struggle with filling it. Basically, he couldn't get the rear to bead (well, I KNOW it's stretched to hell and back). Finally he gives up and says that he can't. Soooo, he tries to unmount the tire. After another 15 minutes, I tell him that I'll take it elsewhere and have another shop give it a try. Next, he goes to balance the 2 front tires and for some reason the machine keeps giving him different readings each time so I just give up and figure that they're equipment leaves much to be desired. I end up taking the 2 mounted wheels, 1 half-mounted wheel, and the last rear wheel/tire back home as the other place was closed for the evening.
                    Tuesday rolls around and I take the wheels to the other shop and they start working on them... balance the 2 fronts with the quickness. After explaining to them what happened the day before, they decide to start on the unmounted wheel/tire. One person working by himself mounts it, and proceeds to get it beaded and balanced within another few minutes. Finally, they start on the tire the other shop was unable to get. Well, everything starts well, but eventually the tire keeps losing air and won't seal properly to the wheel... Long-story-short, I have 3 mounted and balanced wheels/tires and 1 mounted tire that won't hold air. I eventually said "**** it" and ordered a pair of 275/30s for the rear... and am out 400... not to mention the money I've already spent, and what I'm going to have to spend to have the rears unmounted, then remounted and balanced. Yay, **** me. Anywho, pics or it didn't happen.

This is the rear that DID mount

And finally, a slightly angled profile picture of the good rear

Comment

Originally posted by North View Post
                      I appreciate it!! I love the V8... but the drive by wire leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. Oh well lol
                      wonder if you could have your 430 mapped at all to get better economy, better drivability and response from the DBW and some extra oomph.

Comment

Most regular tyre company struggle with stuff like this in the UK. None of them really know how to stretch and most of these machines only really work up to 19". A bead blaster will probably do the trick with the one that struggles to mount properly as it won't give the tyre the opportunity to lose the air.

Or you can do the Youtube stretched tyre procedure with the lighting of the hairspray lol

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
                        Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

Unsafe stretch not ftw..
                          JZS147- Do Luck edition
                          Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Originally posted by kwalker705 View Post
                            wonder if you could have your 430 mapped at all to get better economy, better drivability and response from the DBW and some extra oomph.
                            Hmmm... that's probably possible, but I'd have to either get something along the lines of an Apex'i S-AFC. Not really heard of too many people who mess with the 430 ECUs to be honest. I know Blitz and a few other companies make boxes that fool the ecu into thinking the pedal is pressed more than it actually is, but haven't wanted to go down that route just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lam View Post
                              Most regular tyre company struggle with stuff like this in the UK. None of them really know how to stretch and most of these machines only really work up to 19". A bead blaster will probably do the trick with the one that struggles to mount properly as it won't give the tyre the opportunity to lose the air.

Or you can do the Youtube stretched tyre procedure with the lighting of the hairspray lol
                              Yeah, you're definitely right about that. I even google'd around to find other companies who might be good with it, but couldn't find anything local. Both of the shops I went to said they had Cheetahs, but neither decided to actually pull it out so I wasn't sure how familiar or regularly they used it. I'll probably checkout this shop called Balls'd (or something like that) that specializes in VWs and see if they can work it. Worst case, the 275s should be here on Monday or Tuesday so I'll go that route if necessary.

I was actually studying the fire technique, but I'm a little girl when it comes to shit that can blow up LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
                                Unsafe stretch not ftw..
                                Well... not for everyone Swampy homie

Comment

Working...
                                X