Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
    I didn't spot it! will keep my eyes peeled. Your welcome North, keep us posted with pics! id love a cross stitched interior!
    https://www.sarona.com/Lexus/GS300-400/All/Trunk%20Wing

https://www.octanemotorsports.com/le...6_314_309.html

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
    I didn't spot it! will keep my eyes peeled. Your welcome North, keep us posted with pics! id love a cross stitched interior!
    https://www.sarona.com/Lexus/GS300-400/All/Trunk%20Wing

my garage pics..
    http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Well... I must say I've definitely not had the best day today. Have been driving the beater (Ford Fiesta) for the past few days and decided to drive the GS today since it was nicer out... yeah... Well, it seems the brakes decided to give up the ghost as after I disengaged the ebrake, the car didn't want to move (my driveways on a decent incline, for reference). Well, after giving it a bit of gas I heard a loud "POP" and then everything seemed to go downhill (no pun intended). It seems the both front calipers and at least one of the rears are stuck and the rotors warped. I knew the brake pads were due for replacement as they were beginning to squeak during moderate braking but this just floored me. Anyway, said "f*ck it" and figured I do an entire refresh. So, here's what I ordered:

Supra front calipers w/ mounting hardware and shims
      GS430 rear calipers w/ mounting hardware and shims
      Centric Premium rotors (after all the reading I did this morning/afternoon, I figured the slotted/cross-drilled rotors weren't necessary no matter how cool they looked lol)
      Hawk HPS pads

Unfortunately, this purchase is going to delay the final purchase of my air suspension back a month, but oh well... more being patient.

On the flip side: my hero ROCK ON decided to brighten my day and provide some inspiration in the form of a post about interior work. So, I made good use of it and this is what I came up with (still a work in progress, but you get the gist):

ROCK ON - Thanks again bro

Comment

No prob pal, looking good,
        it breaks it up nicely & carries the theme into the boot.
        my garage pics..
        http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Originally posted by ROCK ON View Post
          No prob pal, looking good,
          it breaks it up nicely & carries the theme into the boot.
          I appreciate it!! Actually, the wife said the exact same thing about it lol. I finished it up a few days back but haven't had the motivation to post any pictures, but I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Other than that, I received the majority of my "new" brake setup so should be installed this coming week. Only parts I'm waiting on now are the front pads and rear brake pad shims.

Comment

What management and struts are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by juvi22003 View Post
              What management and struts are you running?
              For now, nothing... and I'm not even sure what management I'm going to run as I've been going back and forth between the Accuair SwitchSpeed and AirLift V2. But, I'll be running the AirLift Performance air struts.

Comment

After my wheels come in management and struts will be my next purchase. Im thinking about the airlift struts with accuair switchspeed management with no sensors or full airlift setup.

Comment

Since you're in the States you should definitely check out bagriders.com. Out of all the places I've searched, they have the best prices and you can customize the setup how you like. I'm hoping that once I've finished saving up they'll have a deal for the Lexus kits. Last month they had 15% off VW kits and this month it's the same % off of Honda/Acura kits. Patiently waiting...

Comment

Just read this complete thread. .. wow! So much work and money but what a stunning looking car!!

Those original wheels were perfect imo, just what I need for mine (one day) although I look forward to seeing her on the new wheels.

Did you ever sell the K break neck pads?

will keep a close eye on this project, don't give up bud, keep up the amazing work

Comment

Originally posted by madfish View Post
                      Just read this complete thread. .. wow! So much work and money but what a stunning looking car!!

Those original wheels were perfect imo, just what I need for mine (one day) although I look forward to seeing her on the new wheels.

Did you ever sell the K break neck pads?

will keep a close eye on this project, don't give up bud, keep up the amazing work
                      Thanks bro, I really appreciate all the compliments. Hopefully it'll look a bit better whenever I can complete it's current incarnation because after that I'm moving on to another platform lol.

By original wheels did you mean the 3GS wheels or the Varrstoens? I'll probably have the ES1's on sometime this summer so I can get the rear fitment handled before putting the Forgestar's on after the bags are installed. So they'll be around for a little bit longer before I sell them. The 3GS' are now my winter wheels and I feel so sorry for the poor things, salt does not take kindly to wheels after a few months...

I still have the K-Break's in the car at the moment although I have the new neck pads as well. If you're interested let me know and we can work something out

I appreciate the vote of confidence. It'll be having the brakes changed on Friday so hopefully I can be driving it this weekend. I don't mind the Fiesta but on the autobahn the thing is gutless above 140/kmph whereas the GS cruises and moves from whatever speed. Miss my baby lol

Comment

Ah yes, the Varrstoens... wheel perfection imo

The neck pads I thought would just give me some interior bling not too bothered about what is written on them lol if you have an unused set that requires a home let me know

Comment

Originally posted by North View Post
                          Since you're in the States you should definitely check out bagriders.com. Out of all the places I've searched, they have the best prices and you can customize the setup how you like. I'm hoping that once I've finished saving up they'll have a deal for the Lexus kits. Last month they had 15% off VW kits and this month it's the same % off of Honda/Acura kits. Patiently waiting...
                          they a lil pricey i can get the full airlift for $3000 shipped or airlift with accuair for about $3800

Comment

Think so? After I priced it out it came to $2914 shipped for the full AirLift, $3673 with the SwitchSpeed and Zaetech Digigauge, and $3729 for the E-Level with rocker switch... but then again, I already have a tank, compressors, check valves and water traps so that's probably why. Where are you finding it for $3000/3800? Need to compare notes, especially if we can find it cheaper

Comment

My prices didn't come out anywhere near those, I have a couple connects with vendors i buy from regularly dont want to list their names here but if interested let me know. Cant promise you i can get you the same deal....

Comment

Heeeeey guys (and girls, if any)... long time no update, huh? Well, I have a few small ones

Like I mentioned previously, I had an issue with my brake calipers seizing so I took that opportunity to change the front setup from LS400's to Supra TT's. Honestly, I really wish I would've done this instead as the brake feel is much improved between the two. Whereas the LS400's are pretty much similar to the stock 2GS/Aristo, the Supra's have a much firmer feel to them. So, these are my new recommended "stock" BBK for those looking to upgrade.

They're not the awesome red color the previous ones are, but the shiny silver is a pleasant change. However, as the rears were changed as well, I'll need to have that pair painted to match.

Next, after following RichS11's thread, I figured to update my exhaust a bit as well (headers will be coming in a few months lol... sounds familiar, eh?). Mine will be the same layout minus a few different pieces but in the meanwhile I went ahead and ordered the Magnaflow downpipe since I finally found a good welder in the area.

Well, as everyone who's been following this thread knows, I've been piecing together the last few bits of my build before I actually start putting the parts on. So, in addition to the above, I I ordered all the supporting parts for my car audio and a few other parts here and there...

Unfortunately, I forgot to order the fuse holder for my BIG 3 upgrade, but thankfully I remembered a few days later so I received that part this afternoon.

To anyone doing an audio upgrade, I'd highly recommend KnuKonceptz for wires/fuses/etc. Although I most likely ordered more than necessary, I'd rather have too much instead of having too little and waiting another week for extras to come in.

To move towards the interior, I finally got around to ordering my rear table to match my Junction Produce front. I'm still waiting for that to be built, but in the meanwhile I ordered a [single] headrest with the monitor built in. I would've ordered a pair, but as I'm pretty particular about everything inside the car matching, I only purchased a single to ensure the fabric matches between it and the Clazzio covers. Well, it arrived and is a perfect match both in color and grain so I've gone ahead and ordered the second one.

To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled about ordering a Power Acoustic brand model, but after reading the reviews it seemed to be a good model and the screen size is pretty decent as well (10.3").

Finally, and I know some of you will be happy to hear this (especially after the constant delays): I put in my order for my air suspension last Saturday due to the Memorial Day weekend sales and was able to get the final pieces I needed for over $200USD less than what I was previously quoted Pictures will follow once the parts have arrived. For anyone curious, I wound up going with the full AirLift setup (Autopilot V2 and Performance air struts).

One more thing: I'm taking suggestions for what color to go with for my interior trim pieces. So far, I'm inbetween a black granite, a black woodgrain, and the last is a Piano black (black gloss with some flake) similar to that found in the 3rd Generation GS'. The parts that will be done are the door panel trim (including the switch covers), the rear vent for the center console, the front vents/HVAC panel/headunit surround, ashtray and front center console trim, as well as the gauge cluster surround. Any comments/recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                                X