Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Simplistic GS430 (EXE-style)

Mk1 & 2 strut braces are completely interchangeable. I've just installed a MK2 aftermarket brace on my MK1 today.

Comment

Good stuff!! Hope you like the parts Steve

Comment

A few updates...

Well, I've been driving low and [not necessarily] slow, but due to the shitty roads here in the UK, I've decided to go with air in the future due to its versatility. Here are some pics of the damage. For reference, my TTE lip was molded AND had a badge at one point (thankfully, I've been able to source a spare badge for future use).

The car will be in the body shop starting Saturday (after months worth of delays), however the front bumper is no longer useable due to the slats detaching from the rest of the bumper. I have a new bumper in my garage that will be used, not to mention the lip will be painted again, but won't be installed as I have a Final Konnexion lip on its way So, I'll be able to swap back and forth whenever the feeling arises.

Comment

Also, seeing as how the car will be in the shop, I've also decided to go ahead and get a few minor aesthetic mods taken care of:

I ordered LED mirrors to be installed, while the arch repeaters/sidemarkers will be removed and the holes filled in

I also purchased a US-spec Sport Design rear lip spoiler, which will also be installed after the stock spoiler holes are filled.

I'm also going to have the window visors paint-matched to the car, the roof will be painted gloss black, and the recessed area of the rear bumper will be painted a satin-black... hopefully it'll look nice with the new wheel setup I have planned to go with the air

Comment

Loving the mirrors!

Comment

Keep us updated with progress. Your mk2 is fairly taking shape into something different from the usual route people take

Comment

AAAAAND lastly (for the time-being), I finally got the rest of my exhaust parts ready for when the car gets out of the body shop.

New gaskets and o2 sensors...

New cat converters (may not have needed them, but I'd rather replace everything at the same time since it'll all be apart)...

...and my favorite part

PPE v8 headers. These guys are BEAUTIFUL, both in looks and in craftsmanship. There are only so many REAL performance upgrades available for the 3UZ's outside of forced induction, but these are probably the best in regards to HP-per-dollar. I'm definitely looking forward to getting these installed in the upcoming weeks.

Comment

just as a bit of a heads up.. I recall a few years back someone having probs with there wing mirrors and the wiring for the indicators. I think it was something to do when folding them and the wires being pulled..ie possibly to short, you may be ok..
                  my garage pics..
                  http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

You are right Tommy it was K1enl's (when he had an Aristo), whose wing mirror indicators wires snapped because they were too short for the mirrors to fold properly.
                    It's probably better to extend the wires before you install the mirrors as you could always tuck away excess wires, instead of having to take them back off to extend them.

Comment

You better upload some videos when that exhausts all done and sounding good.

Comment

ROCK ON and Brent - I definitely appreciate the heads up. Honestly, I rarely fold my mirrors, but I'll still have my body guy extend the wiring just as a precautionary measure...

kwalker705 - Will do man. I'm still up in the air as to whether I should have the SC430 pipe extended or to use the extra GS430 stock pipe I purchased... I think the SC pipe will sound better as it's mandrel-bent, dual 2 1/2" inlets to 2 1/2" outlet vs. the GS' press-bent, dual 2 1/4" inlets to 2 3/8" outlets. Although, from what I've gathered from talking to a few people on CL, the GS pipe the better all-around performer with the SC being better in the higher RPM range... decisions decisions.

Comment

I guess you don't live in London, where folding in your mirrors becomes a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I guess you don't live in London, where folding in your mirrors becomes a way of life.
                            Yeah, I can imagine.

Comment

Soooo... the postman was pretty on-point this week and delivered a few items I didn't think would make it here before I drop the car off next Tuesday. Thankfully, everything made it here so I can get the headers installed on Saturday/Sunday and drop it off a couple of days later

Anyway, onto the good stuff:

Kinda felt a bit like Christmas at first lol

First package was my Megan Racing 70A durometer engine mounts

Next was my new transmission mount. Although neither of these parts are necessary, I'm going to be lifting up the engine during the header install (not to mention the car has 145K) so might as well; and I wouldn't do one without the other so...

I also wanted to add a bit of bling to offset the wheels I have planned so went ahead and ordered these courtesy of some friends in Japanland

Finally, something that I've been looking forward to (and waiting for), for a while

Final Konnexion ZERO-series carbon front lip.

Comment

Nice bits! You need to hook us brothers up with your friends in japan, I need bits for my Sprinter
                                JZS147- Do Luck edition
                                Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Working...
                                X