Project 93 GS300 5 speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 93 GS300 5 speed

how much did it cost roughly to do the swap for all the parts been wanting to do it to my aristo

Comment

I would say about 1500 in parts including the transmission. (i got a deal on it).

Comment

Wow u must have those soarer r154 aighnt that cheap

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
          Megasquirt would be different never heard of anyone running one on a jz
          http://brickspeed.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=952
          1995 Aristo TT
          1995 Soarer TT Manual
          1991 Soarer TT Auto
          1997 GS300 Mk2

Comment

So i got the drive shaft and installed it along with the exhaust, and got all of the interior back together except something to cover the existing trans hole where the shifter boot needs to be. The drive shaft seems like it could of been a tad longer so the dust shield went in more... But I think it will work. I have yet to get the car off jack stands because I am going to do an oil change.. and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get it through emissions!

Comment

Your getting this project donecfast what do u have for a diff

Comment

Stock differential for now. But I went and did an oil change and started the car up and went on a quick little test drive. Smelling something funny but it could be machining crap coming off the flywheel.. Not sure.. I will drive it in the daylight tomorrow and see how it does.. BUT IT MOVES! O/D light blinks, brake light warning on the dash stays on, and check engine light was flashing occasionally.. But all my lights work

Comment

So its an open diff?

Comment

yes either a 3.90 or 4.08 open diff.

Comment

Went for another test drive today and the clutch seems to be doing fine but the car is missing and hesitating a little bit with a check engine light coming on.. Seems like a misfire. The idle while warm is also a little high at about 1200-1300rpm and I think it would fail emissions if I tried right now just from that, so I just ordered a new cap/rotor and TB gasket from toyota and going to change out the spark plugs, and see if I cant drain the gas in the car (it has 3/4 of a tank that's been sitting for 2-3 years). Still trying to find what I want to do for the center boot, but was looking at summit/jegs and found a decent boot with bottom clamp ring for around 30 bucks and I think it would be quite easy to trim something in aluminum.

Comment

Good project thread! Lots of pics to show what you are doing...I like it

Keep going!!!

The Pretty One - http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthr...t-New-quot-MK1!!!

Comment

How do you guys feel about the driveshaft fitment? So... I checked my codes and I have a code 12 for RPM signal #1.. hesitation when trying to accelerate.. Replacing the plugs/cap/rotor and doing a TB gasket hopefully tomorrow, waiting on parts from Toyota to come in. I also need to adjust the idle but I will bring a go pro and take some video for you guys!

Comment

Interesting thread keep up !!

Comment

So i got the plugs and wires changed, but the distributor cap isn't in and I am still getting a code 12. I am also getting a semi high idle when warm.. As you can tell from the photo below, it seems to be around 1250 warm.. I am going to try and adjust it tomorrow. Hesitation is gone though!

I modified the old center console just for a template until I get my new shifter boot in and make a aluminum or stainless steel piece. This is in neutral.

Although it was 38 degrees (F) today I kind of felt there was a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust, although the motor probably hasn't been ran in a few years with old gas, I did a oil change on it.
                              Last edited by joewitafro; 13-01-13, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I changed the rotor and cap today.. Still getting a check engine error #12.. I wonder if there was a signal from one of the auto transmission plugs that I am missing now?? Also.. The car is cold idling at 1750 and warm idling about 1250-1400, I tried adjusting the "idle set screw" which is an 8mm wrench with an allen in the center, although adjust this down even a tad would raise the idle, backing it out did nothing.. So I left it alone for now.

I've yet brought it to emissions because I know I will fail just for idle, so my next progression of steps is to spray some carb cleaner around the vacuum hoses to check for leaks, then going to check the timing and see what the car is doing, afterwords I will probably spray some carb cleaner in the throttle body to clean it up, and reset the ecu.. If these things don't fix my idle I will try and clean the idle control valve.

Comment

Working...
                                X