Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My JZS161/GS300 project, now about to go single.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JZS161 My JZS161/GS300 project, now about to go single.

Hey everyone!
    I've been following this forum for quite some time now and i thought its time to say hi and show you guys my ride.
    The car has been completely aristo converted from its previous GS300 JZS160.
    Engine, box, dash, rear cradle with 4WS system etc.
    Basically the only parts left lexus is the chassis and panels.
    Havent got much done performance wise except for the following;
    -Intake
    -Dual 3" catback exhaust
    -HKS ssqv copy
    -Apexi AVC-R
    previous owner had it dynoed on stock boost and everything and claimed to have pulled 187kw
    I was running it daily for the past 2 years on 16psi waiting for the turbo's to go, sadly i never got it on the dyno to see what figures she pulled.
    Certainly was a MASSIVE difference with the catback and the boost up. Anyone have a rough idea how much she couldve made?
    Anyway started her up the other day and turbo number 1 did not sound happy at all.
    So now the single project has begun. Just purchased a T78 and waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive before i start pulling things apart.

so here are the pics, from the beginning till now and some silly stages she went through.

My first mod, BOV, and boy was it exciting...

Re: My JZS161/GS300 project, now about to go single.

couple pics of my car and my brothers old ride

and a shot of us making a mess

what she looks like today, pulled the bodykit off and left my 3 piece wing.
    Now rolling on 19" work eurolines.

Bit of an update which is well overdue

GREDDY goodness

And what it looks like today

Last edited by AznBikerBoi; 25-11-13, 01:13 PM.

Comment

love the last few photos.nice wheels.why did you remove the body kit ? just ditch the lexus badge and it will be spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by nap View Post
        love the last few photos.nice wheels.why did you remove the body kit ? just ditch the lexus badge and it will be spot on.
        Im glad that kit is gone, looked ****ing dire.

Looks epic now though on the 19s, thumbs up man.

It is a Lexus, why change the badge..

Comment

Nice post man We work in horsepowerz over here and a good BPU 2jz will make 400hp.
          Why a T78? That's an Old school turbo, a t67dbb will push 700hp
          JZS147- Do Luck edition
          Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Looking good. Those led rear lights really freshen the back up.
            First time ive seen a mk1 strut brace on a mk2. Not doing it for me.
            my garage pics..
            http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Comment

Originally posted by nap View Post

Didn't like the kit after a while, was cool at first because it looked different. Never liked any of the previous wheels but got them all for next to nothing.
              Also got the T78 because I got a good deal. Either way the turbo can easily be changed later, it's the rest of the parts I'd like to do right from the beginning.

Comment

Also the badges will go when the carbon bonnet and boot arrives

Comment

Looks like a fantastic build, good luck mate!....Ur brothers 1UZ IS200 must be fun!
                  “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live, Destroy your reputation, Be notorious.”.......Rumi

Comment

it does look a nice clean sharp car.i like it just the way it is.

Comment

quick update on where im at.

Started yesterday, got the turbo setup off, and the cooler setup off today.

Comment

I had VERY VERY limited tools so I had to remove extra parts that wouldnt have been necessary if I had enough gear for the job.
                        Total time took me 5 hours 15 to remove the setup. For those thinking about giving it a go yourself, i say go for it. Not half as hard as people have made it sound to be.
                        Just be patient and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AznBikerBoi View Post
                          I had VERY VERY limited tools so I had to remove extra parts that wouldnt have been necessary if I had enough gear for the job.
                          Total time took me 5 hours 15 to remove the setup. For those thinking about giving it a go yourself, i say go for it. Not half as hard as people have made it sound to be.
                          Just be patient and you'll be fine.
                          You sir are a true soldier lol, I know mechanics that whine and complain to remove twins and you did it with limited tools. I got to give you a thumbs up

Comment

this is all the tools i had to use, and a couple open enders.

i had a big socket set, small socket set, a set of ring spanners, screw driver with interchangeable heads and stumpy pliers.
                            Oh and my jack handle to slide over the spanners as my breaker bar

Things that could've been nice to have, a whole set of screw drivers, long nose pliers, straight and bent, short spanners both opened and closed enders.
                            And another thing, personal preference, i rather not use WD40, every diy i have read all recommended it. I think it might just be my luck but ive seemed to strip more nuts and bolts then actually undo them. And also i dont believe it works, ive been told to spray it on let it 'soak in' and undo. After all the soaking and bolts undone, they still seem to be dry and untouched on the inside.

Comment

I've done this before. I can tell you, the easiest way is to pull the engine out. I've done both methods. Well done though, but I agree it really isn't that hard..... Did you use the workshop manual? It made it pretty easy.

Also, I have to disagree with you on the WD40. I love it and I never stripped a nut or bolt using it. You have to use the thin tube/pipe thing and get right up close to the fastener.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X