• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mk1 gs300 sport project

well this is my lexus gs300 mk1 sport

when i first got the car

then soon as i got it home i paid to have the plate taken off and put it on

rear view camera

i brought the car for £1000 witch i thought was a good price includeing the old private plate

then the fun begins i brought the car as a project car

so first i had to source a decent body kit for it

i ended up going for prolex front and rear bumpers and side skirts and vented bonnet

front bumper and bonnet arrives end of this month been a long wait from japan but it will be worth it

the mods so far are 20 inch wheel mania vortex 2 alloys 20x10 rear 20x 9 fronts

so far i have

taken the interior out
    got some comfy bucket seats
    4 point harnesess
    got some custom made seat mounts for them
    got 4x wind deflectors
    jdm smoked rear lights
    tein coilovers fitted
    20 inch alloys fitted
    a set of 20 locking nuts fitted so i dont lose the alloys
    resprayed the dash black
    wraped all the interior bits going back in the car in carbon
    made the dash clocks custom
    got snapp off steering boss and steering wheel
    rear view camera fitted to my touch screen tv/dvd headunit also has internet and gps plus lots more
    took out all the sound deading and painted the floor black
    fitted new stanless pedals
    made a custom roof liner and sunroof cover
    custom glove box and mirrors
    m6 custom mirrors with custom made base plates
    fitted vents to my front wings
    fitted the prolex rear bumper
    and side skirts
    roll cage has been orderd cant wait to see how it looks
    fully smoothed rear boot and debadged aswell
    relocated rear aerial to the back window digital one

plus lots more that i have forgot spent the last 6 months working on the car
    will have lots more updates very soon

Re: my mk1 gs300 sport project

spare steering wheel

Comment

Comment

Some nice touches there, carbon needles Not feeling the wing vents though...

Why are you stripping and caging it out of interest?

*Edit* That interior is insane! Love the mirrors, tell me more, where did you get them, the mounts etc?
        JZS147- Do Luck edition
        Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

still got lots more but that's it till the front bumper and bonnet turn up from japan in the next week or so been waiting ages for them to arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post

Why are you stripping and caging itout of interest?
            im going to use the car for a bit of fun but mostly because i was bored and wanted something to kill the time lol have lots more plans for the car just need some good weather to do them and for parts to hurry up and arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post

Why are you stripping and caging it out of interest?

*Edit* That interior is insane! Love the mirrors, tell me more, where did you get them, the mounts etc?
              thanks i love the interior aswell ... i got the mirrors from a place called http://www.rhdjapan.com/
              the mounts me and my brother custom made for them

you can also get some good parts from http://www.nengun.com/mugen/
              from time to time

Comment

finally some parcels arrived and my seat mounts arrived so i could fit my seats in aswell

then i had to put them together and do a lot of measuring lol

then come time to fit the seats and fit the 4 point harness as well

then i had to finish painting the dash

and leave it to dry

i then added the new design to the dash not to very ones likeing but i dont like to follow the sheep as they say

ignore the old bin lid lol comes in handy more then you would think lol

so 3 hours later and a lot of back breaking and bending work the dash was finished now to refit it in the car

any way heres the pics hope you like it

ignore the junk going to give the car a good clean out tomorrow if the weathers good

now i have just got to make the dash cover to hide the stickers when im driveing as the sun glare you cant see any think at all just a pop on pop off cover will do

well thats it for today

just go to clean the car inside and out refit all the dash bits if i can find all the bolts and screws lol
                refit the front wings and pick up the front bumper and bonnet finally after 5 months of missery and anger its arrived in the uk and now just going threw customs so i should be able to pick it up in the next week or so

Comment

what style of bonnet and bumper have you decided to go with ?

Comment

i have gone for a vented bonnet this one

pick up the bonnet and front bumper in the next week or two cant wait
                    Last edited by P300GS; 20-07-11, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Nice project. Good to see someone just doing what they want to do and not trying to keep up with the Jones' so to speak

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

Comment

OK ok... so question 1.

The dash what spray did you use and how is it turning out I heard the sprays dont last (the sun rays can discolor it and so on. Its alot of work taking the dash out that would suck if it didnt turn up as nice and clean as it should of.

but let me know. as I gotta make my dash /center black too.

What about the door panels what are you doing with them ?

is that just the plastic wrap u used for the carbon interior pieces ?

Comment

Originally posted by kamandeer View Post
                          OK ok... so question 1.

The dash what spray did you use and how is it turning out I heard the sprays dont last (the sun rays can discolor it and so on. Its alot of work taking the dash out that would suck if it didnt turn up as nice and clean as it should of.

but let me know. as I gotta make my dash /center black too.

What about the door panels what are you doing with them ?

is that just the plastic wrap u used for the carbon interior pieces ?
                          hi i sprayed the dash with vinyl spray i had made up
                          its looking really good no fading yet yea its a lot of work to get he dash out but as long as you prep the dash correctly before spraying it it will be fine just make sure there is no grease left on the dash and you will be ok

hi i used carbon wrap its about £20 a sheet very expensive but looks really good when done right

Comment

This project looks really impressive, Im looking forward to the end results......how did u make up those seat rails to fit aftermarket seats?
                            “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live, Destroy your reputation, Be notorious.”.......Rumi

Comment

I've just been through this thread.

I can't believe no one has pointed out those vents in the front wing are the wrong way round.

They are supposed to reduce pressure in the wheel arches not increase it.

Comment

Working...
                              X