Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Aristo 60-1 Project

Here is the basic build I am planning on doing in the near future:

- 60-1 Single turbo kit from Driftmotion (Welcome to Driftmotion!) with 0.68 A/R
    - HKS BOV
    - JIC Adjustable coilovers
    - Custom exhaust with Magnaflow catalytic converter to Fujitsibo catback
    - Defi boost gauge and controller
    - 18” Rays rims
    - HID headlights
    - Mishimoto aluminum radiator
    - Mishimoto dual 12" electric fans
    - Walbro Fuel Pump

I presently have all of the parts listed above, so it is only a matter of time before they are put on the car.

I am also considering the following items:

- 5 speed conversion with an R154 transmission (I have all of the parts just have to decide if I want to do it or not)
    - some kind of management whether it be a stand alone or something like an Apexi SAFC NEO (more likely to be the latter)

I will post updates as they come, but they will likely be a bit slow…

Here's some pics as she be right now

Turbo and wastegate

BOV and hardpipe

Last edited by RyanV; 07-03-10, 03:38 AM. Reason: Updated parts

The Pretty One - http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthr...t-New-quot-MK1!!!

Re: 1993 Aristo 60-1 Project

You have a nice, clean platform to start with. Thx for that link again for the coil pack connections, my orders on its way from driftmotion! Subscribed.

Comment

welcome to the club, and i hope that all goes well with you.

are you looking at runnign the turbo off stock ECU and fueling for the first while?
      LED Magic Interior LED kits "JZS147 LED Guru"

Interior LED kits and more!

Comment

Looks good nice to see another project car getting started

Comment

Originally posted by deknick View Post
          welcome to the club, and i hope that all goes well with you.
          Actually, I have been here for a while. I recently had my username changed from BK9 to RyanV. Figured it was more appropriate.

are you looking at runnign the turbo off stock ECU and fueling for the first while?
          Yeah, I have been saving for a while to get the parts I have now, and it will obviously cost a bit more to get everything installed and all that. There was a SAFC NEO for sale a while ago at a good price, but it was sold before I got to it. I have a Walbro fuel pump, but I think I will only put that in if I change other fueling things. I'm sure I will eventually but one step at a time

Comment

All this talk about projects makes me think about doing something to mine.

Just don't know what though!

Comment

SWEET!! i plan on doing the samething.. im debating on using this turbo or just buy the PHR Street kit.. didnt you say that your engine had bad compression Ryan? are you gonna take care of that as well?
              Last edited by marwanatalib; 08-02-10, 06:21 PM.
              Good cars get you from point A to point B, better cars get you from point A to point B faster

Comment

I originally had a compression test done by ZTune, and I had them do an inspection of the car. I wasn't impressed with the thoroughness of the inspection as I noticed things that they didn't pick up, and I have no mechanical background at all. This combined with the car running well (except the second turbo not working) gave me little confidence in their results. Oh, and they made no mention of the second turbo not working....

Consequently, I had RG do a leakdown test and the results were very good. A third shop did a compression test when I broke down last summer (damn coil pack connectors!!!) and the results were good. So, good news for me!

Comment

oh good stuff. i wish i could go through with a build like this. but a house is calling for me. i'm living off like 200 a month after all my bills are paid. the rest is into savings

good luck with the build.

and marwan, i call your turbos for a decent price if you go single

Comment

Thats good to hear Ryan, why dont you sell this aristo and build up the new one you recently got since it already has a 5-speed in it and a few other goodies.

Nick, the turbos are yours IF i go single haha
                    Good cars get you from point A to point B, better cars get you from point A to point B faster

Comment

very interesting build. will follow to see how you get along.

are those driftworks turbo kits any good? the say the turbos have real garrett internals which is quite nice. They even have a T04Z kit for the same price. Heard alot good things about the T04Z!

Comment

holy ****! this is the guy that has the white 5 speed?

Comment

Originally posted by marwanatalib View Post
                          Thats good to hear Ryan, why dont you sell this aristo and build up the new one you recently got since it already has a 5-speed in it and a few other goodies.
                          I was thinking of doing the build on the white car, but I want to have the leather interior, so I would have to do an interior swap into the white car. I also spent somewhere around $1500 on the engine in the silver car replacing things like waterpump, timing belt and a number of other smaller items. With that maintenance being done, and a good leak down test I know the engine is in good shape, so I would prefer to build on it. I could also swap the motor over, but I figured it would be a lot less hassle to just use the silver car. Shame though because I prefer the look of the white car.

Comment

holy ****! this is the guy that has the white 5 speed?
                            Yup

Comment

why don't you pull the engine, and build it when it's out, would be a hell of a lot easier, and then you have the 5 speed tranny,.

which ,would actually give you more power to the wheels once done

Comment

Working...
                              X