• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoJDM
    started a topic No style is my style Aristo

No style is my style Aristo

Hey everyone!

After owning a S13 for 3 years I felt the need to move on.
    Its a nice car, one of the nicest I have ever driven, but its still not perfect for a tall fella like me. It didnt feel comfy and I didnt like speeding with it on the Autobahn or elsewhere as it was a bit nervous and the engine (260bhp) was at it max (with stock internals).

After having a look at alternatives I decided that I didnt want to go for something a bit more sleeper-like. Without a bodykit and with an engine, that produces enough powaz from the start. I think I found the Aristo by looking at japanese auctions and reading more about on wikipedia..

As a SXOC member I spotted Lams MK2 and this forum. Although I prefered the MK1 because of its shape.
    After I sold the S13 I bought an BMW 320i the same day as it was a bargain and i need something to get to work.

After some weeks I got the offer to buy Raphs Aristo and couldnt resist.
    It was treatened very well, respect to the previous owner. The whole suspension and brakes have been refurbed and the engine is smooth as smooth can be

I was a bit sad that after two days it began to leak somewhere, seems to be a coolant line to one of the turbos. Its currently at MPS Engineering so they can have a look at it. Redmkiv offered me his help, but that would have been too far away. And MPS has just finished their S13 RB26DETT project which is used in the IDS amateur series, so they are qualified enough to ensure the Aristo is in good hands.

Enough of the talking (most of you will be asleep by now ), you need to see pics:
    I only drove it for 400 kms, but already in love:

Standing there and losing coolant:

What a mess! The chrome rims (m2 hanbai) are already sold, the Veilside Andrew Racing Deep Dish are going to be one of the highlights on the aristo, me hopes:

Before the car was moved to MPS, i test fitted the rims, perhaps I can post up a teaser

Thanks for reading!

Cheers

Arne

• CoJDM
    replied
    Re: No style is my style Aristo

Yeah, its more hellapoke

Leave a comment:

• Swampy442
    replied

Good news Sortaflush, lol

Leave a comment:

• CoJDM
    replied

Thanks Raph!

Always nice to know that the previous is happy with the development of his former car.

Good news: The Aristo will be first Aristo ever to be shown on the "Motorshow Essen", one of the largest exhibitions in Germany.

So if you are german or working here, try to get there in the time from the 25-30 of november..

I ll be up for a chat, just check the first floor for this fella:

or this car:

Feel free to come around, I am always in for a chat!

Leave a comment:

• Raph
    replied

The look is just Sick!! i have a friend who saw the car as i had it,and im going to show him the new look - hes more into older cars

the transformation is just awesome.

i wouldnt worry about the wheels, ive never had a problem before with other cars/wheel combos that werent legal, as long as the wheels looked like they belong there,(they always did) you sholdnt hve a problem .

the aristo can be (is) a pig around the nürburgring, youve got to work with weight transfer to be quick.ie let the weight crry yu round nd not work against you.

i know i wasnt round here as often as i should be LOL

Leave a comment:

• CoJDM
    replied

Originally posted by Stephendjb View Post
    Is that all cars or just German registered ones?
    I think its just for German cars.
    Though you won't be able to drive on the track if you have sidepipes which are bloody loud.
    I heard of a skyline that got dismissed because it was louder than 110 DB, had to plug in the silencer.

Or if your wheels are sticking out like mad, you may get problems!

Thanks sdistc!

Leave a comment:

• sdistc
    replied

Like the ratrod look

Leave a comment:

• Stephendjb
    replied

Originally posted by CoJDM View Post
    Sorry, didnt know how to explain it

If you change something like wheels, seats, bodykit is has to be checked by the TUV, it its okay for german roads.

My wheels for example are not street legal as I dont have any paperwork for them and the TUV won't approve. At least not the TUV around here, there are some folks that dont whine around and sort this out for you.
    If you re wrecking your car and someone notices parts that arent street legal, the insurance may not cover the damage.

Thats way most of the cars are checked before entering the Nordschleife!
    As the Ring is not a track, it's a normal road
    Is that all cars or just German registered ones?

Leave a comment:

• CoJDM
    replied

Originally posted by Stephendjb View Post
    Sorry what do you mean they check for aftermarket parts???
    Sorry, didnt know how to explain it

If you change something like wheels, seats, bodykit is has to be checked by the TUV, it its okay for german roads.

My wheels for example are not street legal as I dont have any paperwork for them and the TUV won't approve. At least not the TUV around here, there are some folks that dont whine around and sort this out for you.
    If you re wrecking your car and someone notices parts that arent street legal, the insurance may not cover the damage.

Thats way most of the cars are checked before entering the Nordschleife!
    As the Ring is not a track, it's a normal road

Leave a comment:

• Swampy442
    replied

I thought that, no end of highly modified cars go round there.

Leave a comment:

• Stephendjb
    replied

Originally posted by CoJDM View Post
    I really was kind of feeling the need to try my luck..
    But as the rear bushes are worn and the track was filled with cars, i didnt try..
    Furthermore they check for aftermarket parts, so I would have been stopped before even touching this holy realm
    Sorry what do you mean they check for aftermarket parts???

Leave a comment:

• CoJDM
    replied

I really was kind of feeling the need to try my luck..
    But as the rear bushes are worn and the track was filled with cars, i didnt try..
    Furthermore they check for aftermarket parts, so I would have been stopped before even touching this holy realm

Leave a comment:

• Swampy442
    replied

One tough looking car Did you get any laps round the 'ring?

Leave a comment:

• nap
    replied

looks the part.

Leave a comment:

• CoJDM
    replied

I ribbed it off again, has been way too low.
    The drehmel will fix it someday lol

I went to the Nurburgring last weekend, met up with some S13 fella from the past..
    Risto looked better than ever

Added several stickers.. red one in the windscreen says: "Enjoy Rat Look Motoring"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X