Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No style is my style Aristo

Hey everyone!

After owning a S13 for 3 years I felt the need to move on.
    Its a nice car, one of the nicest I have ever driven, but its still not perfect for a tall fella like me. It didnt feel comfy and I didnt like speeding with it on the Autobahn or elsewhere as it was a bit nervous and the engine (260bhp) was at it max (with stock internals).

After having a look at alternatives I decided that I didnt want to go for something a bit more sleeper-like. Without a bodykit and with an engine, that produces enough powaz from the start. I think I found the Aristo by looking at japanese auctions and reading more about on wikipedia..

As a SXOC member I spotted Lams MK2 and this forum. Although I prefered the MK1 because of its shape.
    After I sold the S13 I bought an BMW 320i the same day as it was a bargain and i need something to get to work.

After some weeks I got the offer to buy Raphs Aristo and couldnt resist.
    It was treatened very well, respect to the previous owner. The whole suspension and brakes have been refurbed and the engine is smooth as smooth can be

I was a bit sad that after two days it began to leak somewhere, seems to be a coolant line to one of the turbos. Its currently at MPS Engineering so they can have a look at it. Redmkiv offered me his help, but that would have been too far away. And MPS has just finished their S13 RB26DETT project which is used in the IDS amateur series, so they are qualified enough to ensure the Aristo is in good hands.

Enough of the talking (most of you will be asleep by now ), you need to see pics:
    I only drove it for 400 kms, but already in love:

Standing there and losing coolant:

What a mess! The chrome rims (m2 hanbai) are already sold, the Veilside Andrew Racing Deep Dish are going to be one of the highlights on the aristo, me hopes:

Before the car was moved to MPS, i test fitted the rims, perhaps I can post up a teaser

Thanks for reading!

Cheers

Arne

Re: No style is my style Aristo

Looking forward to updates! Those Veilside rims are a nice wheel.

Thanks to: streetoptions,rideanddrop,vogueautodesign, edgeautomotive, eliteautostyle
    Special mentions to:vipstylecars,talkaudio,scene-media,clubaristo,driftworks

Comment

I forgot to explain the thread's title.
      Thinking about where to go with the looks of the Aristo, i decided that some things wouldnt work.
      I dont want any bodykit-parts as they never fit and are just annoying..
      Having those 18" Veilsides, I didnt want any 19" or 20" rims with crazy negative camber. I dont want bags as the car will be driven
      So no VIP style for me. As its no manual car, I wont drift it and I dont want it to look like a drift car without being one. The rims will be painted black, but they do have a lot of dish. So its not really a sleeper, not really a VIP style and not exe.

So its no style, my style

These things should be done before it gets its plates next year:
      - new coolant lines
      - paint Veilsides and grill black
      - HKS hipower silent catback
      - pull fenders to match the Veilsides (1.5 cm everywhere, with just a little bit of negative camber)

Comment

Anotherwide body Aristo. I'm looking forward to how this shapes up

Comment

Thanks mate!

Is it a widebody if i just get the fenders rolled and pulled?

Perhaps it would be too much to call it widebody, in comparison to the work that has been done on Lams car lol
          I think those cars deserve it to be called widebody

Comment

Hmm I was thinking it didn't look that much different to Lam's test fit but his is almost double yours looking at the pics again

Comment

its really not that easy to show how much room there exactly is!
              I could get away with pulling it 1,5cm in the front and 1 cm for the rear ones.

Forgot the sizes.. d'oh!

F: 10x18 ET22 (think I ll try 245/40)
              R: 11x18 ET9 (perhaps 265/40)

Comment

Good news everyone!
                Car is back from the garage, there had been several leaks. Like power steering and air con.
                I ll get the car streetlegal next week, hopefully with short licence plates
                Hard to get in germany, but we ll see.

As the weather is crap, i didnt have a chance to get the rims refurbed..
                But thanks to redmkiv I got a nice exhaust:

Sorry for the bad quality, just had the mobile in reach.
                I hope I ll be able to get them under the car on saturday.
                They ll look da bomb!
                Me hopes..

Comment

i can show you how the exhaust looks

Comment

Originally posted by juel View Post

I like those alloys mate, they're awesome!

Comment

Very nice look! Lucky you don't live here, those wheels (and Lam's most surely) would be illegal, since they come out of the wheel arches

Comment

its not mine!

Comment

Originally posted by juel View Post

Thanks Juel, i was wondering how it d look like with the rear bumber!
                          Afaik thats redmkivs Aristo, but I am not sure if these wheels are his Veilsides..

Perhaps I ll get the wheels street legal with stretched tires, I ll have to try it out

btw: do you know which brand they are? or is it a custom one? Cheers!
                          Last edited by CoJDM; 12-02-10, 03:18 PM. Reason: added a question ;)

Comment

This is what happens if you underestimate the idle.. BEWARE OF TEH IDLE! it is our doom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUi_K...=youtube_gdata

Comment

Lolz
                              JZS147- Do Luck edition
                              Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Working...
                              X