• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear

Just a heads up.
    The first of the 2 part special starts tonight at 8:30pm for an hour
    part 2 Tomorrow 8pm til 9:05pm
    Bbc2

Thought I would put 2015 in the topic as we will no doubt have comments about the new season so we don't have multiple top gear threads
    my garage pics..
    http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicga...?do=view&g=176

Re: Top gear 2014/2015.

What did everyone think? I personally reckon TG's days are numbered.
    JZS147- Do Luck edition
    Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

Im only just getting into this program, Ive never really been much of a follower, but the international episodes are all very interesting, Ive been catching up on them on the Dave channel!...lol...I quite like them, but last nites was quite funny how they ruined the finish!!...lol

I look forward to the next one!
      “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live, Destroy your reputation, Be notorious.”.......Rumi

Comment

Im really going off TG of late. but that finish was scary as hell !!! a real bit of drama !

they need to get back to 75% cars and 25% messing around. not the current 95% messing round and 5 % cars.

Comment

To their credit they did show Argentina/Chile as the beautiful countries they are. Re the ending, the beef was well publicised, but in the edit you can spin things any way you want....
          JZS147- Do Luck edition
          Ive got one speed, one gear, go!

Comment

I will still watch it religiously & in some ways I think it's better than the really old days when there was consumer pieces for things like baby car seats which had no interest for me back then or even now,

At least now it's all driving but still think it could do with a bit of an overhaul with something aimed at the average Joe, instead of mostly lottery cars.

Maybe a piece on something to do with
            People who are looking at buying 5,6,7 yr old cars,

Maybe the odd special about people like us,
            members of car clubs, be it classics,modified,drifters, track,tuners from around the world.
            Maybe clubs from overseas.

Plus there always on about the engine/exhaust note (back & forth through tunnels then show the stig leathering cars around the track with a silly gimmick of music or a rosetta stone cd playing, drowning out the thing we like to hear.

Last night just showed you the amount of convoy/back up vehicles they have in tow no doubt carrying most parts for the cars the 3 of them are driving for when mishaps happen..
            my garage pics..

Comment

New series starts 8pm next Sunday...
              my garage pics..

Comment

its informative and sort of funny, watched it for years

Comment

did anyone see the "Evening with Top gear" special they did last night - was live on youtube / red button.

http://youtu.be/F8T1rMsJtQU

Comment

And this that's doing the rounds.
                    LEGO Top Gear - BBC: http://youtu.be/A7YDMt7jOfU
                    my garage pics..

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy442 View Post
                      What did everyone think? I personally reckon TG's days are numbered.
                      I agree... it cant go on forever (I mean one of them has to die first at some point!) and I can't see a new cast member/whole new cast working in the same way as TG did when it reached its peak in its current format, and good balance of car stuff/messing around, several years ago... I think the last few years it has been mostly about dicking around and a lot of really fake stuff.

It'll be interesting to see if a new program comes forward. I really liked the /Drive channel on youtube (before they went for paid subscription), I think if the BBC want to carry on with their long heritage of a motoring based program they should be looking at whats really popular in terms of youtube channels and motoring websites in general and try and build up a show from that as theres tonnes of very different but entertaining/factual/awesome youtube channels about motoring!

Comment

if Tg had the same amount of tests and real world motoring reporting like 5th gear, but kept the same presenters style as TG currently has, plus the same camera work/effects team then I feel it would be 100 times better. But we know that isnt gonna happen.

Comment

Heads up, just about to start.
                          Hope it's better this week than last week's ambulance garbage.
                          That should of been saved as a bonus show on a Xmas dvd. Utterly bobbins
                          my garage pics..

Comment

Pretty boring tonight too !!

Not really anything that got me going. Even the missus said that after the star in the car bit they should just have shown the nursery scene from "the wolf of wall street" in which the blonde star makes a splendid show of herself !! Much more entertaining than a landy defender.

Comment

I quite liked the BMW. Still, it was a much better episode this week than last week, that ambulance episode was utter gash.
                              JZS147: HKS T51R 6 speed manual Single Turbo Toyota Aristo in black
                              JZS161: BPU TT Toyota Aristo in white

MyProtein Discount Code :
                              MP453277

Comment

Working...
                              X